Rough Ruff Day

It was a rough day. I had to demote someone for not doing being able to do his job and he did not take it well. While I know it was the right thing to do, it was still hard to do, and I feel bad for him that he was not able to be successful in the higher position.

It was also a ruff day, because the dogs got their baths last night.

Harvey was first and did a great job standing still. He hates baths, but is very cooperative.

Rita was great, too. She’s not so fond of the bath, either, but likes the attention she gets during it.

After their baths, they did the usual “run around the house and rub against everything they can” routine, but eventually settled down.

Puppy therapy is always a good way to wash away the ills of the day!

10 Responses to Rough Ruff Day

1. benleander says:

Oh man these dogs look so unhappy but cute nontheless!

2. Ravager619 says:

I had a ruff day too. Someone managed to log into one of my online accounts and got my password changed. Luckily it wasn’t one that had anything that could identify me personally and I had to change all of my logins and passwords elsewhere.

Oh lovely! Bet they were as frisky as anything afterwards, happy knowing that it was all over – until next time.

4. I agree with Anne Marie, you did what you had to do. Giving Murphy a bath is a MAJOR undertaking as he hates them and he weighs 85 lbs. Your dogs are so cute!

5. renudepride says:

Therapy is when our soul responds to our emotional needs for an optimal outcome. I hope it’s also true for your canines. Naked hugs!

6. truthspew says:

Cute dogs. Sorrily I can’t have dogs in the house. I’ve seen how destructive they can be too – and we humans do enough damage to furniture (Well the cat too).

Ooooh!! Clean, fresh smelling puppies! Our next dog will be small enough to bathe in the sink.

My brother is the big boss in a beverage distribution center. He worked his way up from loading the trucks. He does admirable work, as evidenced by his many awards. The worst part of his job, he says, is having to fire people. He would call our mom for moral support any time he had to do it. Don’t think he does any more, but he did for a while. That’s part of the job stress, I guess. Good luck. Sounds like you’re doing what you need to do, unpleasant though it is.

8. a clean puppy is a cute puppy! and you did what you had to do; no, it’s not fun, but the person could not perform the job well.