For D Ate

That’s me today, the birthday beardy boy. (Take that Fearsome Beard And Tales of the Sissy!)

Mom’s surgery went well yesterday with no complications. Yay!

After a pleasant morning home this morning, with the hubby and fur kids, involving breakfast with gluten free baked goods and a viewing of the most recent episode of Doom Patrol, we’re on the way to pick up Mom, who is ecstatic about being discharged today. I’ll be playing “Sassybear: Male Nurse” at Mom’s house until my sister’s “shift” starts after work, around 5.

Tonight will be a quiet night with the Hubby and BF: dinner and drinks. No fuss, no muss.

And another year begins…

11 Responses to For D Ate

won’t you celebrate with me
    what i have shaped into
    a kind of life? i had no model.
    born in babylon
    what did i see to be except myself?
    i made it up
    here on this bridge between
    starshine and clay,
    my one hand holding tight
    my other hand; come celebrate
    with me that everyday
    something has tried to kill me
    and has failed.

2. Frank says:

Now those eyes (beautiful as they are) have seen stuff!

3. Happy Birthday Handsome!

4. Happy Birthday! Glad your mother did well with her surgery. I hope her recovery goes as well. My teaching colleague had her hip replaced two summers ago and she did very well.

Wishing you most fulsomely for yesterday, S/b. (Think this might be the first year I’ve missed getting it in early. We’ll try not to let it happen again!)
    Trusting that your quiet little celebs of yesterday evening went fine and that you’re feeling the contentment of having notched up another year with one less to count towards your longed-for retirement.
    Very bestest wishes to you!

6. Ravager619 says:

I know I said it last post, but Happy Birthday!!!

7. glen says:

Wishing you the BEST birthday, ever…..albeit quiet. Hoping you have a year filled with cosmos, good health and LOTS of fun! Just think you are closer to retirement!! Hugs from Wisconsin

Happy Birthday! Also, hi Jim, πŸ™‚

9. WOOF WOOF WOOF! you don’t look a day over 30!