Oh, Fence-ive.

The final big project of the summer (after the Septic repair, Basement refinish, and multiple Tree removal) was the fence replacement. Lowe’s did a fantastic job. They were able to install a month and a half earlier than originally scheduled. The supplies were delivered the weekend before. They showed up Monday and left mid-day Wednesday.

2.5 days and we have a beautiful new fence.

As you can see, the lawn took quite a beating, so we have a lot of re-seeding and repair to do. Also, we had a huge pile of rocks we had to dig up and move so they would not obstruct the fence install, and we needed to do something with them, so we did our best to disperse them creatively around the yard.

We placed a row alone the two sides of the brick retainer wall.

18 Responses to Oh, Fence-ive.

1. Peter says:

It look wonderful, must give you a great feeling of satisfaction. Congratulations!

MAH-vellous, with a great deal of privacy which you will surely be thankful for when Summer comes round again. And just look at little Harvey – absolutely minuscule, no bigger than a fly!

What a lovely fence! Glad it’s all assembled and standing tall.

4. Linda Practical Parsimony says:

I love the fence! Love the rock skirt and path and stone bench! You did a great job.

5. Oh, I love this! And hopefully those rotten neighbors will stop throwing their trash too. I wish I could be there to throw it back at them.

Looks wonderful! It’s nice when plans come to fruition and you can look back and say, “well, that went better than I thought it would.”

7. wonderful addition! and you didn’t have to “put it together”. now watch your asshole neighbor throw shit against it!

I am grateful others have the skill I don’t. We now take the “back way” out of our neighborhood via the road behind our house every time, so we can monitor any new trash drops and address it immediately. Hopefully, they’ll grow less bold now that we’ve cleared away all the foliage and debris and try to make a visible showing of being out there regularly. (Thanks to the new gate in the back of our fence.)

put in some vegetable and flower gardens why don’t you

Liked by 1 person

I do not have a green thumb and worry I will not be able to keep anything alive. Having said that, we plant and do still have Hostas, Roses, and DayLilies in the front and side of the house. And I have requested some assistance from the BF’s hubby, a talented gardener, to assist me in planting a small patch of tomatoes or some such next year.