I can’t believe the day slipped by so quickly and I totally forgot to blog. So here’s the week in review:
I got 3 new bow-ties in the mail. I ordered them on Amazon when I realized I had no ties in yellow or orange hues:
I am a big “Schoolhouse Rock” fan, so when I discovered Subway was offering a set of 4 SHR toys in the 90s with their kids meals, I had to have them. The toys were based on “Conjunction Junction,” “Inter-planet Janet” “Figure Eight” and “I’m Just a Bill.” Although I originally had the whole set, I’ve only had 3 of the 4 for years, because I stupidly put the “I’m Just a Bill” one on a cake for a co-worker, Bill, who was retiring many years ago, and he assumed he got to keep it (understandably.)
However, I recently won an Ebay auction for Bill, which arrived in the mail this week:
…and now I have the whole set once again (Woohoo!).
Each of the toys does something different.
Inter-planet Janet “flies” off her base when you push the Saturn in.
I’m Just a Bill is an ink stamp (“They’re oughta be a law!”)
Figure Eight “skates” around in a circle
Conjunction Junction revs up and “drives” on its own
Also this week, our new coffee tables and end tables were being delivered, so we had to move our old black set to the basement rec room (Have you ever seen it? Here are some pics.)
That made room for the new set to be delivered on Thursday. (Dog not included)
We originally bought the coffee table and 3 end tables, but decided we want a fourth for by the front door, so we picked another one up this weekend:
Friday was the last and final day of the Leadership Development Program I was accepted into. It was 7 full training days, book-ended by two half-days: orientation and graduation. Friday was graduation. Now its finally over and behind me and I am SO glad!
We went out to dinner Saturday night for a friend’s birthday at a new restaurant, where this candid picture was taken of us.
This morning, we met up with another friend for breakfast. We’ve known him for many years, and he has recently moved back to the area from St. Petersburg, Florida, so it was really nice to re-connect with him. We look forward to having him back in our life again.
Tonight, we were craving pizza, so we made a no-carb pizza crust out of shredded chicken with a homemade low-carb tomato sauce. Here’s the recipe for one personal size pizza (we double it for 2 people):
- 10 oz Canned Chicken
- 1 oz grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large Egg
- Thoroughly drain the canned chicken, getting as much moisture out as possible.
- Spread chicken on a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes to dry out the chicken.
- Once chicken is done baking for 10 minutes remove and place in a mixing bowl.
- Increase heat of oven to 500 degrees.
- Add cheese and egg to the bowl with chicken and mix.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet lined with a silicon mat and spread thin. (Place parchment paper on top and use a rolling pin or thick glass to flatten evenly.)
- Optional: With your fingers or a spatula, press the edges of the crust into a ridge for the crust. (This is beneficial is you’re using topping that may slide off.)
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes at 500 degrees.
- Remove crust from oven.
- Add desired toppings and bake for another 6-10 minutes at 500 degrees. (Toppings will dictate final cook time.)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
It’s very good! Try it!
And that’s it for this week.