Cinco De Cinema

It was a unique weekend for us. After dropping our lawnmower off at 8:15am Saturday morning, to be serviced and get new blades (were optimistic it may eventually stop raining,) we decided to be spontaneous and headed to a 9:40am showing of Captain Marvel.

I really wanted to see this before seeing Avengers: Endgame. As luck would have it, there was a showing of A:E 30 minutes after CM ended, in the same mall, so guess what we saw the same day?

While I was a bit underwhelmed by both films, I’m glad I got to see them both, back to back. We considered going for the trifecta and seeing Shazam! this weekend, as well, but it didn’t work out. I also felt guilty spending the day away from our dogs on Saturday, so I tried to make up for it by spending the day with them today, smothering them with attention (in between laundry, cleaning house, and completing other odds-n-ends tasks, of course.) Also, we realized, late in the day, that it was Cinco De Mayo, so I managed to cobble together some chicken fajitas with queso sauce (wrapped in lettuce instead of tortillas to make them a tad healthier) and although we did not have margaritas or sangria, we did have red wine, so close enough.

We will end the weekend watching Episode 4 of Season 8 of Game of Thrones. All in all, a lovely weekend and nice respite from the hell that passes as my job.

10 Responses to Cinco De Cinema

1. Ravager619 says:

I have yet to see these movies. Except for Deadpool 1 & 2 and the first Avengers movie, I’ve been underwhelmed by Marvel. I plan on buying Captain America when it’s available for digital, though.

Tut! WordPress ate my comment.

I was fascinated to read about the lawn mower. There are few lawns where I live and those who have them would never dream of mowing them themselves.

4. swosei12blog says:

Red wine can be a great substitute for tequila.

5. go check out my blog to see what we did this past saturday! java’s idea is interesting!

Coincidentally, I also saw both movies this weekend, at the drive-in Friday night. Superman spent the weekend with his family in north Georgia, so I took our pup to the drive in where the first show was Avengers: End Game, the second Captain Marvel (or Mar Vell). We saw A:E in the theater last weekend, so it was a second viewing for me. Made more sense this time. I’m not all that familiar with all the back stories.
    Do y’all have a drive-in theater near you? It’s a great way to watch a movie and spend time with the dogs, not at home. April loves it. (She eats the popcorn we drop, which might be why she likes it so much.)

We do. I love Drive-ins. Believe it or not, one was showing a double feature of CM and A:E. We considered going, but it was a weeknight and I can’t stay up that late since I have to be up at 4:45am every morning. I’d love to try taking the dogs some time.

7. Glad you had a nice weekend. I always feel guilty when I leave Murphy for any length of time, so this weekend, we spent the whole weekend together…

I love spending times with my dogs and hate I’m away from them so much during the work week – it makes it even harder to leave the house on weekends.