Obligatory Christmas Decorations Post

Jeffrey and I celebrate (secular) Christmas. We decorate, bake treats, send cards, listen to (more obscure) holiday music, and swap gifts.

We’ve run the gamut from not celebrating at all (no tree, decorations, gifts, etc.) to our current status of full blown celebration. I get that some people don’t do it, don’t like it, prefer to avoid it, and even hate it.  If that’s you, the more power to you – I get it – but this is not the post for you.

Since we don’t really socialize much anymore, the only ones who see our house all done up for the holidays are the two of us, our dogs, and my Mom. So this is my “lookit our decorations” post.

Outside:

Main (formal) Living Room Tree:

Mantle aka Santa Clause Lane (with crooked trees – oops):

Kitchen aka Snowman Village:

Personal/Fun Ornament Tree aka Calico Corner:

Holiday Bar with (first ever) Giraffe Tree:

The Bear -in-a-Tree Corner aka Moose Knuckle Junction:

IMG_3844.JPG

The Dining Room Table:

IMG_3845.JPG

Dining Room Buffet aka Reindeer Way:

Peanuts Curio Cabinet #1:

Peanuts Curio Cabinet #2.

Fun Holiday Collectibles Curio Cabinet:

Christmas Bear Bathroom:

IMG_3843IMG_3842

Back Porch Rainbow Tree:

IMG_3841.JPG

There you have it! Sassybear Spirit in full color. Let the season shenanigans begin.

10 Responses to Obligatory Christmas Decorations Post

1. Ravager619 says:

I love this Sassybear spirit! I don’t do anything now because I don’t have anywhere to store Christmas decorations. Once I get my own place, that will change.

2. glen says:

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity and novelty. LOVE the rainbow tree!! With cats, and dogs, we do not really decorate, but I so love looking at other people’s decorations. Enjoy the season!!! xoxoxoxo

I love how you decorate nearly every room! The giraffe tree is totally unique! It all looks cozy and lovely. Good job!

I’m like you – I celebrate ‘secular’ Christmas. All our decorations are non-religious.

4. renudepride says:

Nice and festive, it’s obvious you enjoy decorating. Happy holidays! Naked hugs!

5. I hope the National Power Supply is cranked before you flick your lights on!
    I’m a grinch, my husband loves it. I write cards, we buy token gifts. This year we’re going away so I’m guessing it’s going to be very different.
    The giraffe with the Santa hat is inspired.
    JP x

Love it! My favorite parts are the reindeer votive holders on the dining room table. Where did you find those?

Totally stunning. Should be leaving you and J. justifiably proud, and with neighbours and onlookers green with envy. And why should you NOT ‘celebrate’ in this fashion?
    (We hear similar arguments at our annual fireworks celebration on Nov 5th, ‘Guy Fawkes night’.- though not as frequent now as when I was a boy. Just because one might have a bonfire and firecrackers doesn’t mean you want to see Roman Catholics hounded, persecuted and even executed. Mind you, though, for some of them…… NO! Of course not!)
    I’ve never seen, or even heard of, a rainbow Xmas tree before. Hope it’ll catch on the way it deserves. Well done to the both of you.

8. SAK says:

Love it so much! Thanks for sharing!

9. the bears! the giraffes! the pride tree! the rudolph & peanuts collectibles! the reindeer! damn, you boys are something else!