Li-sense

I’ve had the same, original picture on my license since I first got it when I was 18:

Since I can renew my license on line, I never had to go in to the DMV to get a new license; hence, no new picture taken.

This has become an issue as I’ve gotten older, because I look less and less like my license picture. The first time it caused a hassle, I was in Montreal Canada trying to check into a B&B, which required showing my ID, and the manager chastised me for having a picture ID that didn’t look like me.

More and more, l

ately, when I’ve had to produce my ID for various things (eg at the Airport) the people checking it have scrutinized it with questioning looks. Further, Airports are now requiring enhanced licenses, with special markings and encoded data, for passengers, so it was time to bite the bullet and go into a DMV for an enhanced license and a new picture.

My new enhanced license came yesterday and, for better or worse, it does look more like me:

Now I can return to Montreal, Fly, or present my ID when necessary without trepidation.

Woohoo!

14 Responses to Li-sense

1. Ron says:

Looking good!

Uh yeah, I can see where that outdated photo could be problematic, since you were only 18 when it was taken! The new one looks good.

3. In AL we renew every four years. I did the online renewal, but next time I have to go in for a new picture. So, no picture can be over 8 years old.

The hair all moved down to the chin i see.

NOW you look like the Sassybear I know. I like the new picture.

6. WOW! I would not even recognize you in the first pix. I like the current sassybear’s cute face!

7. Deedles says:

Since I’ve never commented here before, this is going to be a lousy thing to say, but you kind of look like a cute serial killer. No offense. I should talk. Mine looks like a grumpy Samoan man, which sort of hurts since I’m a grumpy black woman. Should’ve worn that flowerdy shirt over my head. Seriously, you are cute in both pictures.

8. renudepride says:

It’s everyday life in a world so obsessed with security. However, I recently had to have my drivers license replaced and dutifully brought the requisite 2 photo ID’s in order to complete the process. My ID was never questioned nor requested. I was in and out the DMV in under an hour. Now that’s scary! Naked hugs!

9. truthspew says:

RI has not yet allowed renewals for licenses and ID’s online. So every 5 years you have to go to the DMV. Not a pleasant experience to say the least.

10. concolor44 says:

Sadly, my license photo DOES look like me.

Your early pic must’ve been taken before you’d had your first shave, and had just been told you needed one. I prefer the ‘new’ image.