Room Redo

My latest house project is complete. The guest room has gone from Green Lantern to Giraffe Chic. When we first bought the house 6 years ago, I was merely a comic geek and collector of all things Green Lantern, so our guest room became my Green Lantern Room. Since that time, however, I have developed a fascination for giraffes, and my collection grew quickly. Unfortunately, the two themes just didn’t work well together, so I had to make a choice. I though giraffes might be a little more pleasing to guests than the Green Lantern/superhero theme, so I chose to change the guest room to a Giraffe theme.

First I had to take down and pack up all of my superhero stuff (no easy task):

C1.jpgA1.jpg

D1.jpg

Then I had to patch up the walls:

A2.JPG

Then I primed the room (the same day our new queen size sleep number bed arrived)

IMG_0934.JPG

Then I hired a family friend to do the final repaint:

A3.JPG

Finally, I redecorated in Giraffe motif:

A4.JPG

B3.JPGIMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

I had to use the lamps and curtains we had around the house, for now.  I have a bed skirt, new lamps and new curtains on the way. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

For those worried that I’m no longer a diehard comic geek, fret not. I plan to redo our basement and turn it into my comic book cave.

So, anyone know how to redo a basement?

20 Responses to Room Redo

When you start collecting something, you don’t mess around! Looks great!

2. Ravager619 says:

I love what you did with the room, but I have to admit it would have been great to look up at the ceiling and imagine Kilowog telling everyone “Look alive, poozers!”

3. What a transformation! The room looks great!

4. truthspew says:

I much prefer the superhero stuff.

The new decor with the lighter walls makes the room look bigger. Love the new look!! I was gonna say you have a slew of superhero swag, but then I look at all the giraffes and think, Wow! You have a LOT of giraffes! I look forward to visiting the giraffe room.

6. that looks like the room I stayed in when I visited eons ago. but I remember handsome menz on the walls…
    I would stay in the giraffe room!

7. renudepride says:

I like the giraffe room the best. It matches our zebra room! Naked hugs!

8. Walter Kiri says:

Goodness! You have a Justice League/Batcave full super-hero collection. A boy could live and spend his teens there. The giraffe room is nice too. Call me when the basement’s finished. 😉