Paw’s Day

My health has been poor lately and when that happens, I tend to withdraw from the world as much as possible and focus all me energy on getting through it, doing what I have to, resting when I can, and getting better.  I’m grateful I chose to “father” two precious furry kids full of love that stay by me during these rough times and keep me company, comforting me. Today, my precious baby girl Rita Mae is cuddling with me and making me feel like the most important guy in the world:

Happy Paw’s Day to all the Doggy Daddies out there! (And Kitty Caretakers, Too!)

14 Responses to Paw’s Day

1. Ron says:

Man’s best friend, best therapy ever.

2. truthspew says:

Ah yes, dogs and cats do the very same thing.

Sorry to hear you’re feelin’ poorly.
    Rita Mae is precious. She’ll help you feel better soon, no doubt.

4. Steven says:

You have the right idea to concentrate all of your energy to getting better. May it happen sooner rather than later!! Thank goodness for Rita Mae!

To be going through a rough time, healthwise, looks like you’ve got right there the perfect remedy, with a ‘spare’ one on the side. May they advance your recovery with speed. I know that the two of them (plus J, of course) would want nothing less – as well as your entire army of blog followers..

I can think of no better remedy then pet therapy.

7. Your dog is cute. Her eyes seemingly are looking up to you in adoration. As I’ve said before, there is nothing like a dog. Nothing. I am leaving my dog with a friend for my trip to Ireland in a few weeks. I am dreading dropping him off as he is my best bud.

My biggest challenge is going away and leaving my dogs behind. 😦

• Mine too…I usually have tears in my eyes. Some people just don’t get it, but when it comes to my dog, I just can’t help it!

I feel no shame and make no apologies. These dogs have (at least helped) save my life and given me strength to get through things I doubt I would have survived otherwise. They are part of my heart and soul. I am emptier without them with me.

8. Ravager619 says:

Happy Paw’s Day and I hope you feel better soon.

9. concolor44 says:

No love like a dog’s love.

10. rita has the right idea! sorry you have been feeling horrible lately, dear sassy. hope you feel better soon!

11. glen says:

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Glad you have two adorable furry children to love you.
    Not to forget the handsome husband, too! Happy Paws Day.