Pop-over Cafe

I overdid it a bit yesterday and went to bed very sore, so today I’m taking it easy. But I can’t spend the whole day sitting around, so I needed to find a light activity that required standing without to much movement.

So, I decided to bake my first batch of Gluten Free Popovers.

They came out pretty well. I just made the plain batch this first time, but now that I know they’ll come out ok, I’m going to experiment with flavors.

I think I’m going to start baking more. I really enjoy it, and homemade gluten free food is often much better than the store bought stuff.

8 Responses to Pop-over Cafe

1. Ron says:

Anything homemade is better than store bought, anything. I can’t stand canned soup these days after making homemade.
    Ron

Gluten free popovers makes a good password to get into the secret fort.

3. Steven says:

They look absolutely delish!! I love how the pop-over in the right center appears to be smiling.

Looks delicious!

5. they look dee-lish; may I help myself? and do you have some preserves to spread on them? how would they go with cosmos?

6. Erica says:

I would love that recipe! I much prefer homemade gluten free baking (tastier and cheaper–double win).
    Erica

Made with King Arthur Flour Gluten Free multi-purpose flour:

• 4 Large Eggs
      • 2 Tablespoons melted butter (or oil)
      • 1 ¼ cups lukewarm milk
      • 1 cup multi-purpose flour
      • ¼ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
      • ½ Teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 400
      2. Grease 12 cup muffin pan
      3. Whisk together wet ingredients
      4. Whisk together dry ingredients separately
      5. Gradually sift and whisk dry into wet ingredients
      6. Stir until batter is smooth
      7. Pour into greased cups, 2/3 full
      8. Bake 25 minutes at 400, then lower to 350 and bake another 15 minutes until deep brown
      9. Let sit 5 minutes then remove from pan