Thanksgiving 2016

It was a lovely Thanksgiving in Connecticut. There were appetizers, cocktails, desserts, food, and snacks galore.  We chatted, laughed, ate, drank, crocheted, napped and had a relaxing, enjoyably time.

This was our table for dinner:
img_1623

This was a tree the hosts had put up.

img_1632

We left for home around 6:30 am this morning. We scooped the dogs up on the way and got home around 9:00 am. We were all exhausted and happy to be home together once again.

These little guys were tired out from their big adventure at the Kennel:

img_1639

Getting away helped pull me out of the funk/depression I have been in since November 8th. I hope it lasts.

9 Responses to Thanksgiving 2016

1. Shoshanah says:

Fancy Decor! Wowzas. 🙂

Glad you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving! That pic of Rita & Harvey is ridiculously cute.

food and good cheer are marvelous medicines.

4. Happy belated thanksgiving. Looks beautiful, glad you had a good time.

5. Ravager619 says:

I’m glad you had a great time!

6. sounds like good times were had by all. 🙂

Your Thanksgiving visit looks lovely. I would love to get a good look at that china. The pups, well, that’s what content looks like. I’m thankful that you had a relaxing holiday.

8. Ron says:

So nice! Thanks for sharing.

9. concolor44 says:

I need some event like that to clear MY funk.

Instead, I spent the last two days listening to my parents extolling the virtues and expanding upon the possibilities associated with the coming Trump Presidency. They are particularly enamored of Mike Pence, and hope that he will lead Trump to the Lord. Unquote.

I managed to remain civil. My father and mother are, respectively, 85 and 79, frail and in poor health. Yesterday was Dad’s birthday (I gave him a novel I’d written and hard-bound). We wanted the three-day visit to be pleasant, and everyone had tentatively agreed not to talk politics. They were less than successful, though I do think they tried.

The next four years will certainly be interesting. I hope the country is still in one piece by 2020.