Lost

I went to bed before the election was over.  I had too much anxiety to watch it progress. I feared what I might wake up to, but I hoped for the best.

I woke up a few minutes ago and checked the results.

I feel like I just got punched in the stomach. Like someone close to me died. Like the world I thought I lived in was all a lie.

I am shocked.

I am numb.

I am lost.

11 Responses to Lost

1. Hugs my dear.
    I’m still stunned three days later. We must stick together, hold each other and do good deeds for each other. By starting right where we are we can build ourselves back up and move toward good, love, peace, respect and honor. One. Step. At. A. Time.

2. Bob Slatten says:

“I feel like I just got punched in the stomach.”
    My thoughts exactly. I can’t breathe.

3. numb, sad, heartbroken, lost

I feel like I did on Sept 12, 2001… fearful of my country’s future.

5. Steven says:

I never expected this outcome. I woke up around 2:30 AM and I made the mistake of checking my phone for results. It took me almost two hours to fall asleep. Thank God this didn’t happen 8 years ago, or I’d still be single.

6. PeTeR K. says:

I am not sure how to take it 😦

7. Ravager619 says:

I’m horrified we have this many racists and sexists out there who cared enough to over look Der Orange Fuhrer’s faults, but then again I’ve preached for years to never, ever underestimate the stupidity of the American voter.

This is going to be a long four years. Assuming I survive them.

I want to say I can’t believe it, but unfortunately I can. Didn’t realize that my fellow Americans were so messed up. OMFG

9. Ron says:

I am speechless

Catastrophic, S/b – for the entire world but most especially for my precious American friends. Thinking about and worrying for you. 😦