Getting it from behind

Because this happened today…

This is happening tonight…

While innocently sitting still in a line of traffic, on my way home from work, waiting for the car, two cars ahead of me, to take a left, I was smashed into, from behind, by a woman who decided that what was on her phone was more important than slowing down or not hitting me. So now I get all the fun and expense of dealing with a badly damaged car, rental car, insurance companies, etc…

…all because that text or email was so damn important.

I’m fine, Physically. My nerves are a bit frayed. This is my first ever car collision. I was not a fan of driving, before now. I can’t imagine how it’ll feel getting behind the wheel again.
But mostly, I’m just angry about the whole inconvenience and imposition of it all. I am not prone to wishing people harm, and my first reaction was sincere relief that I wasn’t hurt, but if I’m being honest, I do hope that other driver gets explosive diarrhea at the most embarrassing moment possible.

That would balance the Kharmic  scales just a little bit.

14 Responses to Getting it from behind

Oh the pain. I am glad you are well enough.

2. kim says:

People are idiots, what can I say? Have another martini you will feel better.

3. TUS says:

I have handsfree answering through my auto. I hate talking and driving but when on call I have no choice. glad no one was injured…

4. David says:

Ouch! Not exactly what one wants in their rear-end. Take care,

That’s all you need – NOT! In the UK driving while using/texting on a hand-held has been against the law for some years now – yet STILL they do it even though when caught in the act or evidence shows they were guilty, they always get a fine which isn’t exactly negligible. (I, as a pedestrian, notice transgressors frequently.) You must live in a State where it’s not (yet?) the case, if so said woman would be feeling the long arm of the law as well as serious implications on her insurance. Doesn’t help you right now, of course, but might have made you feel just a wee bit better. Anyhow, my sympathies to you for this latest major annoyance and disruption.

6. Carol says:

Actually, I think my wish for the driver who hit you is that karma repay her in kind. I think that’s what it would take for people who persist in talking or texting and driving.

I’m not naturally vengeful, and try not to wish negative things on others that I have experienced myself, but I wouldn’t shed a tear should she be rear-ended by a texting driver.

7. becomingmenaturally says:

Ugh! I admit to having my phone synced to my radio to answer in case of emergencies but I never ever ever text or read email while driving. I hope everything is fixed quickly and correctly. Are you feeling OK? It is annoying to have to have the car repaired but as long as you were not hurt it is all OK. Her insurance is going to go through the roof if that makes you feel any better.

I’m ok, physically. I’m still a little on edge the next day and dreading all the rigamarole as I await a call from the garage and my insurance company.

• becomingmenaturally says:

Ugh that is the worst. My daughter was side swiped on I95 last year forcing her car into the guard rail. And the only reason the guy who hit her stopped was because a state trooper was there. It was his company truck and it was such a pain going back and forth. Thank God our insurance covered a rental then went after there insurance for everything. I was more terrified about her being hurt than the car. Cars are replaceable people not so much. But I hope it goes fast and that the person that hit you has normal insurance.

8. Tom Whittaker says:

Very sorry.

9. fuck fuck fuck! so sorry, sassybear; have another cosmo. I H8 CELLPHONES!