We are 16 going on 17

16th_anniversary_funny_tshirt-r8f0ad046711e4b8982762f921ebd7934_804gs_324

Today, we celebrate our 16th wedding Anniversary.

I am not a man who takes things for granted. I have also been reminded, over and over again, by life, the universe and everything, that nothing lasts forever. More people, things, health and situations  have come and gone in my life than seems possible for my short 44 year on this planet. So to say there’s not much I’m sure of is a fair statement.

But I am sure of my marriage.

Jeffrey and I threw the rule book out long ago and, whenever possible, have done what makes us happy, the way we wanted to, with no apologies or explanations. And we’ve done it together. We have built a home and a family and life together, and discovered the truth of unconditional love, acceptance and support. I would not be the man I am today, nor would I have the life I have, or survived all I have, if it weren’t for Jeffrey.

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, how long I have on this Earth, or what new challenges, surprises or opportunities life has in store for us. But I know, through it all, we will face it together.

Here’s to the next 16 (and more) together, if life is kind enough to keep us above ground for that long.

Give us any chance, we’ll take it
Read us any rule, we’ll break it
We’re gonna make our dreams come true
Doin’ it our way

Nothin’s gonna turn us back now
Straight ahead and on the track now
We’re gonna make our dreams come true
Doin’ it our way

There is nothing we won’t try
Never heard the word impossible
This time there’s no stopping us
We’re gonna do it

On your mark, get set, and go now
Got a dream and we just know now
We’re gonna make that dream come true
And we’ll do it our way, yes our way
Make all our dreams come true
For me and you

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to We are 16 going on 17

May there be 16 years more and then some. Hugs to both of you.

2. Lavern, damn spell check

3. Happy Anniversary!!!
    Which is Labern and which is Shirley? 😉

Happy sixteen, guys! Enjoy!

5. Happy Anniversary to the both of you!!!!

6. truthspew says:

Congratulation and happy anniversary. We give lie to the bigots who think we hop from man to man. I’ve been with mine for 22 years now.

7. Jeffrey says:

Awww… I love you, darling! I don’t regret a moment of our time together!

Congratulations and happy anniversary!!

9. Ron says:

Fabulous!! A very happy anniversary to both of you.

10. sluggy says:

Now why am I hearing Penny Marshall in my head?!?
    Congratulations to you and Jeffrey on your 16 years of wedded bliss. I would drink to it but it’s only 8:30 am…oh what the hell, going to find some sparkling wine now…….

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary you two.

12. a show tune title AND a tv show theme in ONE post? DAMN! 🙂

happy anniversary to the cutest bear couple I know! I will raise a drink in your honor tonight; love youse guys!

13. Congratulations!