Happy 48, Husband!

My husband, Jeffrey, turns 48 today. Those who have met Jeffrey can attest to the fact that he is a warm, kind, intelligent man with a great sense of humor:

jeffrey 48 blog

Need I say (or show) more?

Birthdays are a wonderful opportunity to celebrate those you love, letting them know how much you appreciate them and how important they are to you.  We both love birthdays and celebrating them, especially for each other, and Jeffrey has always made my birthdays amazing, so I try to return the favor.

Jeffrey is a very generous, selfless person, and rarely, if ever asks for anything specific or special for his birthday. When I ask him what he wants for his birthday, or what he wants to do, he always replies “I don’t care, as long as I spend it with you.”

Now don’t that beat all?

Regardless of his protestations, I always try to make his day special. As we’ve grown older, and the focus of our celebrations have shifted from gift giving to trip taking, our birthdays have expanded into birthday weekends. We started celebrating Wednesday and have plans through Sunday. Most of it is a surprise, so I can’t say what we’re doing, but I hope he has a good time. Mostly, I hope he knows how much I love him, how happy I am to celebrate his special day with him, and how much he means to me. If I make him feel half as special today as he makes me feel every day, I’ll consider it a successful birthday.

10 Responses to Happy 48, Husband!

Sorry to be reading this and responding late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jeffrey!! He truly is a warm and special person.

2. Belated happy birthday to Jeffrey!

May this next year be his best one yet!

Happy birthday, JB! 🙂

5. Jeffrey says:

Thanks Everyone!

And thank you husband. The day has been perfect! I love you!

6. Ron says:

I gave met Jeffery and can attest to the fact that you married a gem. You both are very lucky to have each other.

7. I AGREE WITH ALL OF JEFFREY’S STATED QUALITIES! happy birthday, young man! 🙂

8. sluggy says:

Hope y’all have a memorable time….happy birthday Jeffrey!

Happy Birthday Jeffrey! I hope the days of celebration bring joy and comfort to both of you.

Many happy ones to Jeffery., lovely partner and protector of Sassybear (for which we are truly thankful, Amen!). Have a magnificently wonderful four-dozenth anniversary day, J.