RIP Jay

In honor of our departed Blog Buddy, Jay in VA, I repost this:

“There will be no one like us when we are gone, but then there is no one like anyone else, ever. When people die, they cannot be replaced. They leave holes that cannot be filled, for it is the fate — the genetic and neural fate — of every human being to be a unique individual, to find his own path, to live his own life, to die his own death… I cannot pretend I am without fear. But my predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved.”

-Oliver Sachs

This entry was posted in Other Bloggers and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to RIP Jay

1. mandaddy says:

I remember losing my very first blog buddy more than 12 years ago. The guy, Andy, was such a sweetheart. He really inspired others in his short life. Thanks for blogging, thanks for sharing, thanks for being yourself, guys and fellow bloggers. The simple act of connecting through the written word is so powerful. Forget the hashtags and the tweets. You guys make all the difference in other gay guys lives.

2. I read many a comment from him. I rather enjoyed them at times. He and I never connected blog wise. I send my condolences.

Lovely, and fitting. Thank you S/b.

4. thanks for reposting this, sassybear.

5. 3rdnlong says:

The perfect quote for the situation.

6. voenixrising says:

And I love this!

7. damienscot says:

Lovely quote. Thank you.

Thanks for posting this, S/b. A powerfully moving tribute to your late pal, Jay, distressingly gone in tragic circumstances – as well as being very timely from the also recently departed brilliant and influential (and gay) scientist himself, Dr Sacks. I’ve no doubt Jay would have been proud to have been so coupled. We bless his memory.