Has anybody seen my marbles?

I’ve been secluding myself lately, to a degree, especially from the interwebs, as I’ve tried to take a much needed strategic retreat from the woes and angst of the world in an attempt to hold onto the threads of my seemingly diminishing sanity and resolve. Even the simplest tasks seem daunting, from doing laundry to responding to e-mails. If you’ve texted, e-mailed or messaged me in any way and I’ve not responded or have taken a long time to do so, please don’t take it personally or as a sign that I don’t care or am ignoring you. I’m responding when I can, as I have moments of calm and lucidness, which are, currently, few, far between and fleeting , so I do what I can when I can, as I can.

In an attempt to focus, clear my mind, and attain some feeling of control, I have been plowing through a list of house projects, which have built up over the last few months: reorganizing, cleaning, sewing, repairing, shopping, redecorating, etc. Working in my home and on personal projects that require my focus and concentration calms me and helps distract me from the things that are worrying and vexing me.

Unfortunately, my patience and tolerance are at an all-time low and the simplest of perceived slights or inconveniences are escalated in my head to negative reactions of ridiculous proportions, causing me to withhold interaction with other people lest I say and do things I will undoubtedly regret when I eventually regain some semblance of mental and emotional “normalcy", relatively speaking.

I continue to read blogs and hold onto unanswered messages so just be patient…this will pass, eventually. If not, well, I’m sure I’ll eventually be committed, incarcerated, interred, or embalmed, and you’ll all hear or read about it or maybe even be implicated, depending on what they find on my laptop, iPad and iPhone…you’ve been warned.

Struggling to climb back on my Rocker,

Sassy(less) Bear

11 Responses to Has anybody seen my marbles?

Sorry to read this, and sorry if I was impatient for a response to my email a few days ago. Sending you love and a great big virtual gay hug!! 🙂

2. RG says:

You are more than welcome to use my marbles. I would enjoy watching you play with my marbles. 😉

3. the cajun says:

“I’ve been secluding myself lately, to a degree, especially from the interwebs, as I’ve tried to take a much needed strategic retreat from the woes and angst of the world in an attempt to hold onto the threads of my seemingly diminishing sanity and resolve.”

Sugarbear, that is a long fucking sentence, to be sure. Now, breathe in and breathe out. Now know that you are being sent hugs and blue light from the magical settlement on the Atlantic coast.

Write or call if you wanna talk.

hogs and quiches,
    W

4. Feel better soon. You are missed!

(” the simplest of perceived slights or inconveniences are escalated in my head to negative reactions of ridiculous ” …. I’ve lnow that place too well. )

We’ve ALWAYS got patience for you, S/b. Looking forward to your re-appearance in the playful mood to which we are accustomed.

6. Jay M. says:

I’m not going anywhere. We all have our times of complete discombobulation. Take all the time you need. I hope you feel better soon, friend.
    Peace ❤
    Jay

7. Ron says:

Do what you have to do, I understand.

8. we will await your return. I am one of the people who sent you an e-mail. and if I find your marbles, I will return them to you in their storage bag.

9. Susan McNally says:

Sassybear, this to will pass. We’ve all been there and hope you are feeling better soon. Enjoy reading your blog. Susan

Dear, dear Sassybear. You and I are in a similar condition these days. It kinda hurts, doesn’t it? Sending love and hugs from my puddle on the floor.