What Where When Who

Just poking my head in to say “hi.” It’s been a long week and an even longer weekend.

Aside from the horrors of Boston which flooded our news on every channel in every media source, my bf Jim has had a multitude of health issues and I was in CT this weekend helping his hubby, Ken, provide TLC and various other assistance. Jim took a turn for the worse Saturday afternoon, so we wound up spending Saturday night in the ER getting Jim the medical attention he needed until the wee hours of Sunday morning. Fortunately, he is home now, resting and recouping. It was a difficult and emotional weekend for all of us, but more so for Jim than the rest of us. I have never been the one on the other side, having to watch someone I love and care about suffer like that and it made me appreciate, even more than before, all the times Jeffrey had to hold my hand and watch me suffer through my plethora of hospital stays, ER visits and health disasters. I can honestly say I would rather be the one in the hospital bed in pain. I am way better handling my own pain than watching someone else in pain. I’m glad I was able to be there for Jim and, as hard as it was, I wouldn’t have wanted to be anywhere else but at his side.

I wish I could have stayed to help out more, but I had to get home tonight as it is our final night of our league “gay bowling” season and we are in the lead by one point so I couldn’t let my team down. Plus, 5:00 am comes quite early and I have to work tomorrow.

Keep your fingers crossed we walk away with first place tonight, as we’ve worked hard for it. More importantly, to me, please keep Jim in your thoughts for me. He reads my blog and I know it would mean a lot to see a message or two wishing him a speedy recovery, even if it comes from a bunch of strangers. Besides, we’re all connected to each other one way or another, and you’re all my chosen family, so just think of him as a distant cousin you haven’t met yet, but will love when you do!

Thanks all. Wishing you Peace, love, pride and health.

Sean aka Sassybear aka Breenlantern

8 Responses to What Where When Who

1. BosGuy says:

Definitely will keep Jim in my thoughts and have my fingers crossed for both of you.

My deepest and most sincere best wishes to your very good friend Jim for a rapid and complete recovery.

Best wishes to Jim for a speedy and full recovery. Good luck at gay bowling tonight!

Blessings and good health to Jim!
    It is very difficult to be the loved one of the ill or injured. It’s a terribly helpless feeling.

Good luck with the gay bowling tonight. 🙂
    loves to both you and Jeffrey

5. dejeffreys says:

Feel better, Jim! That’s an order!

David

6. wfregosi says:

Hoping your friend Jim comes through OK — you’re a very caring person.

7. Jay M. says:

I certainly hope Jim get better quickly!!! Being sick is awful, and I wish I could offer more than virtual {{{HUGS}}}!

I’m sort of the opposite of you. I hate to see others hurting on my behalf, or being inconvenienced because of me. I’m putting off knee surgery even though I’ve had people volunteer to help out – it just drives me crazy to see others having to help me. Of course, I don’t want to see others hurting either!

Good luck on the bowling! I want to see the trophy!
    Peace ❤
    Jay

8. GET WELL SOON, JIM! 🙂

perhaps jim & ken can come to the blogger meetup with you and jeffrey next year; that would be special indeed! then we can all meet your BFF!

everything crossed for a first place trophy tonight!