It’s curtains for Breen Acres

We got some new curtains and blinds and put them up, then rearranged the living room. Is it wrong that I am absolutely shit-giddy about it?

IMG_5334

IMG_5332

22 Responses to It’s curtains for Breen Acres

1. You have such good decorating sensibility. I didn’t get that gene.

2. dejeffreys says:

For some reason, Carol Burnett wearing drapes including the rod (spoofing Gone With The Wind), comes to mind, as she says, “I saw it in the window, and I just couldn’t resist!”

When I first saw the post and the double entendre, I thought you were moving!

David

3. Jay M. says:

Looks great! Only one question…why blur out the furniture? Does it have your address embroidered on it?! HAHAHAHA

Now come do mine. I can decorate a Christmas tree, but nothing else!
    Peace ❤
    Jay

4. Ron says:

Looks like Martha Stewart made a house call. 🙂

Love it!Retired in Delaware

5. lovely, martha! the LR looks more open and inviting. and you can run around sans clothes without the neighbors watching!

NOW I know why you polished off a bottle of cosmos!

The acid test is whether the doggies approve. From the looks of it they are very excited – so, no, it’s not wrong for you to feel the same way. And it gets my own thumbs-up too – BIG time! Cosily Autumnal.
    (If you get a guest coming in who’s clad in blue I’d imagine that you’d be asking him/her to go away and return in attire more visually harmonious.)

The dogs love it when we move things…they get to explore the new areas and eat uncovered treats they’ve hidden.

We actually have a splash of blue running through the house to break up all the (as you guessed correctly) autumnal colors, so we really on our guests to bring the blue into the living room 🙂

Looks great! Or, maybe I should have said “Fabulous, dahling.” I hope I don’t lose my gay card…

Dude, that’s some giddy shit there. It looks good.

9. Laurent says:

Congratulations looks nice.

Thanks! We’ve only been here a year so we have a LOT of tweaking to do. This was our first big change to the house since moving in and we love it.

Looks great!! I love that Harvey & Rita are in the photo too. 🙂