Friendless

My friend, Brian, passed away this evening. I’ll compose a more proper tribute to him later this weekend. I just needed to acknowledge his passing. He is the first friend I have ever lost to death.

It really sucks.

14 Responses to Friendless

1. Apologies for reading your posts out of order. Sorry again for your loss. Congratulations on your blessings for never having lost a friend to death up to this point. It does not make it any easier when it arrives however. My thoughts are with you.

2. My thoughts to his family and friends as well as you.

3. Sean R says:

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost a very good friend in a plane crash about 18 years ago. I can really empathize. (I had a blog for a time, and got to know several of the key players in last weekend’s blogger meetup. This is how I know about you.)

4. Ron says:

Sean,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Ron

Very sorry to hear this, S/b. Do tell us more about your dear friend when you’re ready. Meanwhile, comforting thoughts to you and to Brian’s own nearest and dearest. Hugs.

6. Tony D says:

i am so sorry to hear that you lost a friend, sean. i wish you catharsis in the quiet and storm of your grief.

7. *hugs* to you, buddy. Having walked in similar shoes last August, my heart goes out to you.

8. Aw, damn, man! I’m so sorry! That crap hurts. I lost a good friend last summer, and as in your situation, he was the first. He was only two years my senior, and it really was hard to deal with. Still is, for that matter.

Seems to me that Death’s been working overtime lately. Or maybe I’m just paying more attention. Either way, as you said, it sucks.

Please know that you are in our thoughts often. More so now.

– Clint

Oh honey, I am so sorry. It feels empty, or like a fist to the gut, doesn’t it? That’s my experience, anyway. Please accept my deepest sympathies. My thoughts are with you.

10. {{{{{hugs}}}}} to my sassybear; yes, it DOES suck. I would be interested in hearing about brian and what he means to you.

11. Nate says:

Just thinking of you, Sean.

12. Jay M. says:

Oh God, Sassybear. This is awful. So sad. I remember when my best friend from 5-6-7-8 grade died, long after we’d come out to each other after staying in touch, visiting, all that, it still wasn’t long enough. My thoughts and prayers to you, and Brian’s family and friends. Stay strong, we’re here with you.
    Peace ❤
    Jay

13. Laurent says:

I am sorry to hear of your lost. My condolences.