Hope it works out…

IMG_2428

This is me at the gym this morning…somewhere around 5:10 am. I just seem to be too damn stubborn to throw in the towel permanently and give up for good, so I am once again trying to haul my oversized arse outta bed at the wee hours and get myself to the gym. I have a little bit of a secret weapon this time around: my friend Jim has offered to help hold me accountable by texting me each morning on his way to the gym to ask me if I’m up and on my way, too.  It may not seem like much, but it was enough to get me up and out this morning so I could beam with pride when I responded that I was at the gym, too.

Sadly, I waited a long time to get back on track, so I have a lot of weight to lose and I’m grossly out of shape, but it is what it is. So, wish me luck. I am prepping my gym bag, back pack and lunch the night before, setting out my gym clothes and I have replaced the holiday crap in my house with healthy food for proper eating. Now all that is left is to re-establish my routine and be successful.

Remember: if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

And so it begins again….

8 Responses to Hope it works out…

1. Keep on truckin’! One step at a time.

2. wfregosi says:

Having a gym buddy is always a good idea. Good luck getting back into the routine and remember that whatever the outside looks like, it’s the inside that counts and inside is the beautiful man so many of us love.

3. RG says:

Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! I foresee much muscle pain in your future. But it’s a good pain. Think about how good you’ll look naked, in front of a full length mirror, doing me! LOL

4. yep, we are all “back on the horse”. I had not been to the gym since 12/20; tonight I picked up where I left off and I feel good about it.

5. Gary Eaton says:

Just let us know when you need a pep talk…You have to start somewhere right. You can do this..I know it will help you feel better. Good luck buddy..we are all rooting for you.

6. JimA says:

You can do it! Do it one day at a time… one workout at a time.

7. D@vid says:

Good luck, hon. I’m not far behind you if I can ever get rid of this flu. I just got done writing about pretty much the same thing. It might be trite or cliche’ to start a workout resolution this time of year, but it’s still a start, none the less. Good job!!

Handsome, on your worst day your light years ahead of me with the weight and shape but thanks and good luck!!! (And feel better, dammit!)