It’s that time, once again, when I must refuse to retreat further and take up the banner against the battle of the bulge for the umpteenth time. I am grossly – grossly – beyond my maximum allowable weight and it’s high time I pull my head out of the sand (or, more appropriately, the refrigerator and cupboards) and get my ass off of the couch and get motivated to get back to a healthier weight and a happier me.
As much as it pains me to do this, a key factor to my success is being accountable, so here are the cold, hard facts:
- This morning, I weighed in at a humiliating 197 pounds.
- My goal is to lose 25 pounds by November 1st.
- That’s 10 weeks at 2.5 lbs a week to be back to 172 pounds.
- I think that’s realistic.
- I will weigh in every Monday and record my results here.
- I will stick to 1200 calories a day.
- I will drink lots of water every day.
- No snacking. No junk food. No (or VERY little) alcohol.
- No compulsive eating.
- No comfort eating.
- I will exercise at least 30-45 minutes every day.
- Ideally, I will get back to the gym but, if not, walking, jogging and or aerobics are acceptable exercise.
- I will succeed and reach my goal.
- I will not let myself down.
Here’s to a healthier me in 3 months.