No more weighting

It’s that time, once again, when I must refuse to retreat further and take up the banner against the battle of the bulge for the umpteenth time. I am grossly – grossly – beyond my maximum allowable weight and it’s high time I pull my head out of the sand (or, more appropriately, the refrigerator and cupboards) and get my ass off of the couch and get motivated to get back to a healthier weight and a happier me.

As much as it pains me to do this, a key factor to my success is being accountable, so here are the cold, hard facts:

• This morning, I weighed in at a humiliating 197 pounds.
  • My goal is to lose 25 pounds by November 1st.
  • That’s 10 weeks at 2.5 lbs a week to be back to 172 pounds.
  • I think that’s realistic.
  • I will weigh in every Monday and record my results here.
  • I will stick to 1200 calories a day.
  • I will drink lots of water every day.
  • No snacking. No junk food. No (or VERY little) alcohol.
  • No compulsive eating.
  • No comfort eating.
  • I will exercise at least 30-45 minutes every day.
  • Ideally, I will get back to the gym but, if not, walking, jogging and or aerobics are acceptable exercise.
  • I will succeed and reach my goal.
  • I will not let myself down.

Here’s to a healthier me in 3 months.

16 Responses to No more weighting

1. D@vid says:

Good luck, hon. I had lots of luck with a bastardized version of the South Beach Diet. Lots of eggs, cheese, pepperoni, peanuts, turkey breast, chicken, chili…. you’ll lose it in no time.

Go for it! That list is ambitious, but you like to do things all the way. Lose it! Lose it! Win!

If that regime doesn’t get you looking like a bearded Adonis then there ain’t no justice in the world! (But I’d still want you however you looked.)

As a nutritionist, please call or text me for some fine tuning tips on your list.

5. Cubby says:

You can do it, Sean!

6. anne marie in philly says:

damn, I guess I made that pound cake just in time!

I gained 3 pounds this weekend; cheese louise! oh well, it’s back to healthier eating and the gym for me! we can all be (virtual) gym buddies!

7. Kelly says:

You will do it!!! I have lost 25lbs in last 3 months and have 20 more to go… you will rock it!

8. It sounds like you’ve got plenty of accountabila-buddies to keep you motivated!

9. Shawn says:

Do it!
    I am trying to do gym 5x week and at least walk the other two days. So you report in and so will I. The more accountability the better. Harvey will love the walks. We have a vest with a big pouch for our smallest one so as she tires we put her in the vest and speed up the walk. She loves it!

10. Geoffrey (Brent) says:

I’m with you!!! I weigh more than you. I didn’t get weighed this morning, but I will tomorrow. I need to get to the gym, I need to watch what I eat, I need to drink more… water, yeah water.

11. RG says:

Remember the exercise vids I was going to send you to motivate you the last time you did this? Well, THAT worked out well……LOLOL

Good luck – all obtainable goals. Walk Harvey more and when you do, put a weight vest on – it’ll kick your metabolism’s ass!

197lbs or 172lbs – I don’t care. I’d still do you in a heartbeat. You’re going to writhe in pleasure either way!

Rob

12. justajeepguy says:

It always helps to have help. Every time you feel like eating, for comfort or hunger, take Harvey for a walk around the block – this can help at home at least. Also, there are a number of apps that can help track food, exercise and calories.

I’ve been using the iPhone app – Calorie Counter by Health and fitness. It takes your age, height, current weight and goal weight and goal date and gives you the # of cals you can eat per day. You can enter just cals or you can easily look up most any brand. It has really cut down on my nibbling and soda consumption.

I know what a struggle this is for you, especially given your health issues. I have given up on ever having visible abs – I gain all my weight in my stomach and even at 135 last year, still had a belly. I have decided to go for a modified Ben Cohen.

Best of health.

**Can’t wait for more of Anne Marie’s visit.

Thanks for reminding me, Sean. I just downloaded the “Lose It” App and set up my profile and goals 🙂

• anne marie in philly says:

sorry, hon, but I left breen acres on sunday; my cats missed me and I had to go back to work on monday.

mondays suck! 😦