Cape-town

Tomorrow morning I am heading to the cape, Provincetown, MA to be exact,  to enjoy the second half of Bear Week with a friend of mine who was gracious enough to invite me to come and stay with him. There have been a multitude of obstacles thrown at me this week as I kept working towards getting there: some trip anxiety I had to work through; shattering my iPhone screen requiring the purchase of a new iPhone; getting my car serviced that resulted in hundreds of dollars in repairs; getting some grief at work for wanting to take time off during our final week at our current location; and, finally, discovering today that my car still had problems (no break lights and no acceleration) and having to put it back in the shop – the very car I was planning on taking to the cape. We spent the evening trying to find a place Jeffrey could rent a car so I could take his to the cape. (You’d think this would be easy – not so.) However, we were successful and will be at the car rental place at 6:00 am tomorrow to get his car and then I will leave from there.

I am all packed, freshly shaved and ready to hit the sack. I will miss my wonderful husband and my little cone-headed puppy, but I am excited about being back in my home away from home and spending time with my good friend bear watching and cocktailing.

In other words…WOOF!

8 Responses to Cape-town

1. BosGuy Blog says:

Have fun in Ptown. Friends that are out there are having a blast. The warm weather of course helps a lot.

2. Robin says:

So glad you have come to terms with your trip and are looking forward to a bang up time (not literally 😉 Sounds as if Harvey came through like a champ with no residuals from his earlier sprain/strain injury. Cone of shame, lol…you have such a heart for animals and are such a great Dad. The most responsible decision isn’t always the easiest. I’m sure it hurt you more than Harvey’s winky…okay, will maybe not (j.k!) Also, thank you for July 9th, and for sharing the good and the bad; I love seeing you in human form…you will always be my Superhero! Safe travel. Hugs!

3. anne marie in philly says:

BEAR PIX PLEASE!

and jeffrey and harvey will be just fine, and will be happy upon your safe return.

Have a pleasant break, S/b. You’ve earned it handsomely. We’ll keep our antennae tuned in for any problems with little H. though confident that he’s on his way to being back on his tiny legs again. We await your ‘bear report’.

Enjoy! Safe travels.

6. Hoping you have a great time in P-Town!

7. justajeepguy says:

Say hi to Ben Cohen for me – hey maybe you could ask him to do an Undie Monday?

woof ! indeed !
    Have a thumping good time !