Jim’s Pic A Day May: 27

It’s been a while since I’ve mentioned my weight or exercise. Honestly, I’ve been in full avoidance mode and denial for so long now I can no longer say I’m just off the wagon; I’ve actually been run over by it several times and I’m now living in the dust cloud it left in it’s wake.

As an act of pure willpower, I pulled the scale out and stepped on it, for the first time in *mumblemumblemumble* months, this morning and discovered this lovely number staring back at me:

20120527-161351.jpg

Ouch

My “ideal” weight (the one at which my clothes fit best and I can realistically maintain) is 174 pounds. My highest allowable weight before I have to start seriously kicking my own ass is 185. As you can see, I’m 12 lbs over ideal, 1 lb over highest acceptable weight. I actually thought it would be worse, but I knew my clothes were a familiar snug once again so I knew I was out of my comfort range. I have set some plans in motion to get back on track: recommitting to healthier eating and daily calorie counts, and returning to daily exercise, both returning to the gym and walking more besides, so I’m hoping to have these 12 lbs off by the end of July. As always, I’ll try to get down to 165/170, but experience tells me 174 is what I can realistically hope to expect.

And so, the battle of the bulge rages on…

*This post is part of a blogger challenge started over at Jim’s Stuff.
Check out his blog, as well as the following Bloggers who have joined
in:the

Jim at Jim’s Stuff

Sean at Just a Jeep Guy

Kelly at Rambling Along in Life

Erik at Gambrinous with Griffonage

Buddy at One Step at a Time

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Jim’s Pic A Day May: 27

1. justajeepguy says:

Scale? Legs?? Who noticed. I think those feet are going to get a rise out of more then a few people.

2. Shawn says:

Gotta love those furry legs!

To expand on Jim’s comment – maybe you could you find those 12 lbs by shaving those legs? But no, DON’T. do that. I’d far rather see a slightly overweight hairy bear than a smooth-as-a-baby’s-bottie, narcissus-buffed-and-oiled Adonis.

I feel your pain. I gained a ton eating and drinking my way across the great northeast. Now it’s time to pay the piper. Arrrgh!

Successful ‘losers’ weight themselves regularly, once a week on the same day – painful as it may be. The point: keeping on top of things and not being in denial/avoidance.

Unfortunately, I know all the right things to do. I’ve just consciously chosen to avoid doing them 😦

6. Jim says:

But at least you have sexy hairy legs!

7. anne marie in philly says:

with ya there, honey! it’s not always easy to eat healthy or move. but I know how good it is for my body when I do it! 🙂