Putting the Idle in Idle Eyes

As much as I don’t want to feel pressured to post everyday, I do realize if I don’t post more, people will have no reason to return. But I’ve been busy to the Nth degree here.

Working full time at an understaffed job that has me busy from the start to the finish of my workday, then coming home to paint or unpack or run to hardware stores, while still trying to bowl on our league, eat, grocery shop, pay bills, and keep in contact with friends and family has left not even 10 minutes free for quick posts. Every night I’ve worked until I’ve dropped.

But that all changes today. All the major projects are done; rooms are painted; furniture is set up; boxes unpacked.

Today we just have to hang wall stuff, do a few minor things and then we’re done!

Tonight we have our first official cocktail and movie night at Breen Acres with a small group of friends.

We are officially on vacation as of now and have 9 straight days off to do with as we please. We took this time off as we were supposed to be moving this weekend and I figured I’d spend the week unpacking and setting up home. Since our time table moved up and we’re pretty much in and done, we can just relax and enjoy our new home for a week. We may try to do a few small road trips to see friends but, other than that, it’s a whole lot of time with very little planned.

And I don’t mind that one bit!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Putting the Idle in Idle Eyes

1. Walt says:

We’re on vacation right now, too. Isn’t that “use it or lose it” time a great gift in the month of March? As much as I love the idea of a staycation, we just got back from a glorious week and a half in Florida at midnight last night. Luckily there’s a couple of days to rest up and ease back into the real world.

2. Buddy Bear says:

Just what the doctor ordered! Sounds like a perfect time to enjoy your new home.

3. anne marie in philly says:

suh-WEET! can’t wait to see the “grand tour” pix of breen acres!

4. Richard says:

It’ll be nice to enjoy your new home for a week and simply do some relaxing. Sometimes the best “vacations” are ones when you don’t do anything.

5. Shawn says:

A toast to Breen Acres for it’s first cocktail party!

6. Tai says:

Enjoy your vacation!
    I’d like to see some pics of your new house.

Glad that the worst part of it is over, S/b. Your posts are always worth reading no matter if you post infrequently or regularly. With your recent schedule any intervals are understandable.

8. JimA says:

I hope I’m one of those friends that you’re planning to see!
    But alas… I know Dallas would be a long road trip.
    Damn… where are the flying cars and teleporting that they promised us in the 1970’s?