Boldly Bald

I realized something today, while I was running my razor across my Startifacts razor head in the shower,  that never fully occurred to me before, although I think I’ve always been aware of it on some level: I feel better about myself with a shaved head than I do with hair. I am more confidant, more forward, more bold and more secure when I’m sporting a shaved dome than I am if I let the hair grow in. I don’t really know why. Perhaps it’s because, about the time I started shaving my head, I stopped being a total doormat; perhaps when I first shed my hair, I also shed a lot of baggage and destructive relationships in my life; perhaps it’s the first time in my life I chose a look because I liked it and not because it made me more attractive to other people (most people I know have told me they prefer me with hair on my head.) Whatever it is, whatever the reason, I just like myself better with a shaved head, and as the hair starts to return so does the “old me.”  And I don’t like that. So I’m going to make a concerted effort to keep my head shaved clean more consistently. It might just be Dumbo’s feather, but it works and that’s all that matters.

12 Responses to Boldly Bald

1. Shawn says:

Woof!
    Woof Woof!
    Woof Woof Woof!
    WOOF!

2. deveil says:

Enjoying your blog! I’m boldly bald too!

you are a handsome devil, regardless.
    Shaving one’s head seems an awful lot of work though. No cuts or nicks I hope?

4. Will says:

If it works for you, do it and don’t worry about what others say. It’s a great look and you look great with it.

5. BosGuy Blog says:

I love when my partner shaves his head. I think he shaves every two or three days, but not only does he look better – its more fun to touch his head. I won’t say any more at the risk of changing my PG posting to a more adult rating.

• Raybeard says:

I can’t imagine what you’re talking about – but it’ll suffice to use this convenient space (thanks!) to say that I won’t be the only one who has found another guy’s top hair coming away complete in his hand. Good job it wasn’t his teeth! Big 😉

While respecting your right to do what you like with your own body, any chance of you posting a pic of your handsome self sporting a toupee? Only asking.