Wanderlust

We’re both getting wanderlust.  It’s been a long year with no vacations for us, other than one or two overnight trips. The holiday season has hit and we are doing our best to avoid getting caught up in it. These two things combined has us dreaming of an escape plan for the pinnacle of the buy-stuff season. We are heading to Holly Folly in Provincetown next weekend with an overnight in providence to see a friend

We are struggling with whether to try to fly somewhere warm or drive somewhere closer, assuming time and finances allow us the choice.

Some ideas:

Fly to Phoenix (or to Vegas then drive to Phoenix) to visit my brother and maybe a friend or two.

Fly to St. Petersburg to see what all the fuss is about.

Drive to Toronto to visit friends.

Drive some place we’ve never been and just enjoy a week away, quietly and anonymously.

Although I’d LOVE to fly and see people we want to see AND get a mid-winter dose of warmth, the probability is that a road trip will be cheaper and easier to plan.

Suggestions and invitations welcome.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Wanderlust

1. Random road trips are always fun. Especially when you take the back roads.

2. BosGuy Blog says:

Have fun at Holly Folly in Ptown. I hope our mild temperatures remain for the weekend you are in Provincetown. It’ll make the festivities a lot more fun for everyone there.

I can relate to your wanderlust post and wish you well no matter where you go or what you choose.

3. Buddy Bear says:

I agree with Will J. Although Toronto is an exciting place to visit especially in June during Gay Pride, it can be pretty bleak in December. Maybe someplace warmer might be just what the doctor ordered.

We’ve been to Toronto in every month of the year and loved it every time. Our main reason to go would be to see some good friends we have not seen in years. And the temps are no worse than they are here in Albany, so I’d MUCH rather be cold there.

Sadly, I don’t see an Eiffel Tower in that little montage at the top. But I can see France on the globe. A guy can always hope.

Alas, it is always sunny here at this time of year, and temperatures only get into the high 70s, so I don’t think you would like it much? (insert ironic eyebrow raise)
    What a jolly good idea to visit The Southwest! You can see the cactus, and there are many fine spicy things to eat here. And the food it good too.
    I would be pleased as punch to meet you both!!!!

6. Oh my! What is all that fuss!!!! Hmmmmm, I vote for you checking out all this fuss. And soooooo much eye candy! You will get warmed up, well fed, and make a whole bunch of new friends! And Southwest still has some good fare sales. 🙂

7. Will J says:

From the NONE OF MY BUSINESS file:

I recommend sunny and warm where you can be at least partially, if not fully, nekkid.

The sum warms the soul (when it is not wrapped up in layer upon layer of thermal and outerwear).