Saved

20111103-111356.jpg

This is one of those weeks during which I have had an ongoing internal struggle to fulfill all of my obligations and responsibilities to the people around me as opposed to becoming completely self-absorbed, shutting myself off from the rest of the world and indulging in my own sense of safety, security and comfort. I have managed to appear as though I am functioning normally and I have completed all of my routine tasks, as are required of me, week in and week out, but no one will ever know the battles I have fought and (barely) won this week, or how hard it has been for me not to give into the pain, frustration, weakness and anxiety that has been weighing on me since waking up Monday morning, so I’m giving myself a silent, congratulatory, pat on the back.

Sometimes, I have to be my own hero.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Saved

1. Sean says:

I’m so happy to have you back and thank you for the kind words and concern.

Yes, S/B, D.T. above is right. Your open musings help us ALL to learn something about life. Please do keep your soul on show.

only sometimes? Try everyday!

4. Buddy Bear says:

Well done! I think the most important validation comes from within ourselves. Depending on external approval for things is risky; we may wait a long time for it or it may never come.

5. Shawn says:

From the guy who reads but rarely comments, once again I am so happy I had to comment here as well as the one before! I enjoy your thoughts and writings and am always a supporter!
    Yippie!

6. DTaylor says:

…and congratulations from, at least, one of your readers. We can learn a lot from you. Keep strong.