Day 16 of fever cough and fatigue. Bloodwork, chest x-ray, chest and abdomen CT scans, echocardiogram, and consults with my primary care physician, gastroenterologist and pulmonologist have revealed nothing. I have an appointment with an infectious disease specialist on July 5th (the earliest he can/will see me despite my doctors’ advocacy to see me sooner) and, until then, remain out of work, at home, extremely feeble, doing my best to keep my fever below 100 degrees. I did start two new high doses of antibiotics yesterday, so, although pessimistic (since we’re shooting blind) I’m kinda hoping it surprises us and works. If I don’t show signs of improvement come Friday morning, I may request to be hospitalized as opposed to waiting 3 more days to see another doctor. I suspect, were I hospitalized, my care might me more immediate and consistent. Until then, we continue to hope for a turn around, especially since the depression has kicked in.
Thanks for all the reach-outs and messages of concern and support. Just hard for me to blog when I’m in this physical, mental and emotional state.