A moment of Lucidity

Day 16 of fever cough and fatigue. Bloodwork, chest x-ray, chest and abdomen CT scans, echocardiogram, and consults with my primary care physician, gastroenterologist and pulmonologist have revealed nothing. I have an appointment with an infectious disease specialist on July 5th (the earliest he can/will see me despite my doctors’ advocacy to see me sooner) and, until then, remain out of work, at home, extremely feeble, doing my best to keep my fever below 100 degrees. I did start two new high doses of antibiotics yesterday, so, although pessimistic (since we’re shooting blind) I’m kinda hoping it surprises us and works. If I don’t show signs of improvement come Friday morning, I may request to be hospitalized as opposed to waiting 3 more days to see another doctor. I suspect, were I hospitalized, my care might me more immediate and consistent. Until then, we continue to hope for a turn around, especially since the depression has kicked in.

Thanks for all the reach-outs and messages of concern and support. Just hard for me to blog when I’m in this physical, mental and emotional state.

21 Responses to A moment of Lucidity

1. jc says:

Man you are getting bitch slapped by something. I really hope this next appt. finds the right diagnosis. You have many ‘virtual friends’ and we are all concerned… please don’t let the depression run your life

2. Richard says:

I can’t believe that after all this time of being sick the doctors still can’t figure out what’s wrong! Anyway, I hope you’re feeling better soon. Sending positive vibes your way. *hugz*

3. Blobby says:

Coming from someone who used to be a hospital administrator, I would advise against going into the hospital on Friday in hopes of seeing someone before your appointment.

A weekend, let alone a holiday one, will rarely get you a consult with a specialist even in an inpatient setting until the start of the work week. All you’ll do is be in the hospital with no activity.

I do hope you get better soon, but save yourself the aggravation and the costly inpatient stay. That will just add to your woes.

4. Thom says:

Sorry that this is still dragging on. I hope the new antibiotics work and that they figure out what’s going on. In the meantime, big hugs to you.

5. D@vid says:

This is the part where long distance friends gets hard… because you just want to be able to do something to help and your hands are tied because of geography. I’m leaving Tuesday for points west, but I wish I could just head up there instead. It must be very frustrating and difficult not even knowing what’s going on with you.

I’m sorry I haven’t been around much lately… with the audit on Tuesday and trying to get things checked off my list, I’ve been MIA. I’ve also been overwhelmed in my head and haven’t been reading blogs… so I apologize for not being here for you. Know that if you need anything…. ANYTHING… I am just a phone call away and would do whatever it would take to get up there… you’re that important to me.

I just hate it that you are suffering so.
    I hope they find the infection/cyst or little alien and blow it to hell.

7. Will says:

Warm thoughts and hope for a turn-around really soon! Hugs and kisses, Sean.

8. Kelly says:

Jeff and I send hugs… hope they figure this thing out soon!! Just know we are thinking about you!

9. RG says:

Hugs and hugs and a virtual massage with a happy ending. 🙂

10. Wayne says:

Sending healing vibes your way. Know that there is a circle of caring friends surrounding you. When you feel down, rely on our strength. Hugs to you.

11. Cubby says:

Greg and I are very concerned. We’re asking each other all the time whether we’ve heard anything new about your health status. We’re anxious for you to conquer this. Thanks for the update.

Here’s another one who’s been thinking about you every single day – but not wanting to trouble you with an enquiring e-mail, knowing how hard it is for you to type in your current state.
    We’re all so much hoping that this damned thing, whatever it is, can be pinned down and banished from you quickly and FOR GOOD. There’s a gap in our lives of which we’re really tired, until you return. Yet more positive vibes are right now winging their way towards you……..

13. JimA says:

We all wish there was something more we can do. I will send good healing thoughts to you and you are in my heart and thoughts. We miss you but want you well too. Take care and big bear hugz to you too.

14. Victor says:

Oh dear, I’m sorry that you aren’t on the improve and more so that the problem hasn’t yet been identified. I’m sending you my best wishes.

15. Brent says:

Hugs from me too…have you tried Chicken Soup? Might as well.

16. anne marie in philly says:

bunches and bunches of hugs and smooches! I miss you!

17. Bill J says:

More *hugs*

18. Robin says:

I think I am becoming delirious along with you. I was driving down the highway today and I swear I saw at pick up truck with the words “Sassy Bear.” I kid you not. If I wasn’t doing 70 mph I would have slammed on my brakes so I could his truck again, but it was too late for me to slow down, with traffic. You are in my thoughts everyday and I wish you well, wish you well, wish you well. Even though we have never met, you mean the world to me and I send you all the love that I can. Be well, my friend.
    xoxo

19. You are in my thoughts. I’m sending best wishes that the mystery will be solved and you will soon be back to your SASSY self. Miss you and love you. [BTW, I love your new blog design! Very simple and classy. Well, sassy too!]