Homeward Bound

Sorry, I won’t be able to do Undie Monday until next week, after all. I have a few entries, so keep ’em coming and look for UM to return on the 13th.

We made great progress and in 5 days of non stop work, we are very nearly done setting up home. It has been a slow, exhausting and sometimes painful process, but it will all be worth it when we return to normalcy and have finally put this move behind us. My office is set up, furniture wise, but I have all the packing and placing to do of my office paraphernalia.  Also, we have to hang pics (we have a LOT of framed pics we’ve collected over 14 years); and, finally, we need to sset up our back porch once we are able to throw out all of our boxes and bags of garbage on garbage night Monday night. So, we will be already just in time to have a few friends ver fro pride weekend next weekend.

We’ve managed to get out a few times with friends during the past week, but my mind was always back here thinking about all that was left to do.  I simply can’t rest until I have no more things on my “to do” list or a box remains unpacked. However, we did see “X-Men: First Class” and have dinner and drinks out a couple times.

We received our first (and last?) housewarming gift, from my friend and co-worker, in the mail yesterday: homemade, crocheted, rainbow potholders. Pretty damn cool!

I am physically exhausted and sore from the cuts, scrapes and bruises obtained through the moving process, so I decided to force myself to sit down and rest tonight and try to get through the 540+ blog posts I’ve missed. I’m sorry I couldn’t comment on many, as I’m so behind, but I am catching up.

The hardest part of this process was setting up our first home, in ten years,  without Clyde. He would have loved it here. We would have loved sharing it with him.

Sigh….

7 Responses to Homeward Bound

Glad to hear you’re almost all unpacked and settled into the new digs. Hope it feels like “home” to you soon.

2. Richard says:

Your blog posts about moving perfectly validate the reason I hate moving and avoid it if I have to. It’s a HUGE interruption from your life and takes us away from the every day routines where we find our peace at. At least the worst of it is over, it’s all downhill from here. Glad you were able to make it through this move without completely losing your mind. You seem to have adopted a “just do it” attitude about moving, which I find is a helpful attitude whenever I have to do something that I don’t want to. Hope this new place brings you more great memories for the next several years.

3. Robin says:

So glad to see you and Jeffrey have been able to take a little time for yourselves through all of this; it seems like yesterday that you were posting about having to make this move. How quickly you have been able to go forward and get done what needed to be done; especially after the terrible loss of your Clyde.

Just another example of what an incredible and strong person you are; it is such an honor for me to know you. Keep moving forward, take care of yourself, and stay strong. btw…it won’t be the “last” of your housewarming gifts, if that guy from Another Mile Marker comes to see you this summer. I think he would make a really cute “delivery boy,” lol. I have to go “outfit” shopping…I’m open to suggestions 😉

p.s. The potholders are definitely awesome!

4. anne marie in philly says:

LERVE the potholders! happy to hear that it’s almost over. waiting for the house pix to start showing up on this here blog…

and yes, I know what you are feeling without clyde being there…{{{{{hugs}}}}}.

5. Buddy Bear says:

For an organized person like yourself, there is a huge sense of satisfaction in getting everything organized in its proper place. Sounds like you are well on your way in getting completely settled in.

Happy housewarming, guys! You both deserve a break, so I’m glad you’re making time for fun. 🙂

I am glad to hear the worst is over and the ‘settling’ time starts. Soon it will be orderly and feel like home.