All Maxed Out

We are, for all intents and purposes, done packing. We tried to move everything to the first floor, but there’s no more room to move more stuff downstairs without blocking what little passage ways we have to walk, so we’ve had to leave a few boxes and pieces of furniture upstairs. We’ve hired 5 friends to help us move, so between us being all packed up and ready to go and 7 sets of hands, we should move along quickly come 8:00 Wednesday June 1st and be completely in our new place by noon that day. Here’s hoping.

My stress level is through the roof.  I don’t like being around myself and I know I have been less than pleasant around my friends, co-workers and husband. Some of those relationships, I suspect, won’t survive, but if you can’t stick with me through my rough times, I don’t want you there for me during my good times. Fair weather friends are about as valuable as a wooden nickel. So I do the best I can and hope those who know me understand what I’m going through and account for that even if I say or do things that piss them off right now.

Having said that, in order to recharge and improve our spirits, we are traveling to Connecticut today to a pre-Memorial Day party with friends we met and made at the bowling tournament we went to back in February. We are looking forward to seeing the guys again and getting out of the house and away from our packing life for a night. The hosts have graciously offered us guest accommodations since it’s a couple hour drive for us. We really are excited to see these guys again. It’s been 3 months since we’ve all met and we’ve had a few aborted plans to get together, so it’s good that it seems we’ll finally be able to follow through. Here’s hoping some drinks and hugs and laughs with some good guys will help us remember that our life, no batter how bad it seems right now, is not all bad.

And, if I happen to get felt up by a few of those woofy men, I won’t be bothered one bit 🙂

9 Responses to All Maxed Out

1. Brian says:

If you wanted to get felt up at that party, I gladly would have done it! All you needed to do was feel me up FIRST. 😉 It was great seeing you!

2. anne marie in philly says:

damn, you sure are looking mentally and physically exhausted there. I wish I could be of some help to you right now.

I can only WISH to be felt up by woofy hairy men this weekend…cause I know it ain’t gonna happen! but know you are in my thoughts for a relaxing weekend, a smooth move, and a slow unpacking in the new digs.

smooches, sassybear!

Moving is the pits. But I have a feeling you’ll enjoy your new location. It’ll all be over soon. *sigh*

take breaks, breathe; sit down at times; and try to laugh at times.
    this too shall pass.

5. Tai says:

Moving sucks! I hate doing that.

6. Robin says:

Progress. I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend and safe travels. My very favorite quote…”Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” – Emerson

Hugs!

7. Buddy Bear says:

A weekend away from home surrounded by woofy men it exactly what you need right now! Enjoy!!

That pic shows that your current trials have started to put years on you. If I didn’t know how old you really are I’d have now guessed that you were in your early 30s.
    Let’s hope that in a few weeks time you can look back and smile at what’s happening now.

9. Kelly says:

“pinch” from Virginia…with a little naughty smack on the ass… have a good weekend!!