>Another weekend of getting pinned

Although we stayed local this weekend, we’re still having a full day of bowling today. We’re bowling as part of a fundraiser for PAWS from 12-4 and then it is our regular CAPB League bowling night tonight from 6-9.

This has been emotional weekend with lots of ups and downs, good and bad weather, relaxing moments and tense moments, some productivity and some lazy down time. It’ll be good to get out of the house and focus on bowling for a bit to give my head a break. My thoughts and emotions tend to be all over the place lately, especially this weekend, and it always helps to have something easy and fun to put my focus on.

For those in the bowling community: I have switched back to using my 14 lb ball. I started out bowling with a 14 lb ball when i first joined the league, but switched to my 12 lb Superman ball when it was given to me as a gift. I love it (the Superman ball) but my friend Matt, who bowled with me at the Sweetheart Invitational, suggested, after watching me bowl with the 12 lb ball all weekend, that the 12 lb ball was too light for me and I should switch back to my 14 lb ball. The last two times I went bowling I used the 14 lb ball and, for 4 out of 5 games, I bowled well over my book average. Seems Matt is on to something so I’ll stick with the 14 lb ball.

Anyhoo, I’m off. Hope you’re all having a great weekend!

Peace!

7 Responses to >Another weekend of getting pinned

1. D@vid says:

>I would like to see you in your Superman undies holding your Superman ball (read that however you want to) 😉

2. Cubby says:

>I'm willing to evaluate your balls and form.

3. RG says:

>Ooooooh – you were talking about bowling balls. My bad…

4. Breenlantern says:

>BB: It's Captain Marvel's Insignia ( Also known as "SHAZAM")

5. Buddy Bear says:

>Hey buddy, I like your shirt with the gold design on front; can't quite make out what it is. You look great!

6. Breenlantern says:

>Sean: yes on both counts. The heavier ball has more power and causes more pin fall but the added weight gives me better control for aiming and throwing the ball.

7. Sean says:

>It sounds like Matt's advice was directed towards your form but another reason is that a heavier ball carries through the pins better and also generate greater pin action so that more are taken out.