I want to take a moment and congratulate Cubby from Patently Queer for being my 50,000th page hit/visitor on Idle Eyes.
Cubby was also my 25,000th hit and I failed to recognize him so hopefully I’m making up for that here and now. Cubby was very excited and put some effort into being 50,000. Congratulations Cubby! Well done. See you at 75,000!
I will be honest…despite having counters and trackers galore on my blog, I rarely even take notice of how many people come, where they come from, or who’s following me. The only real reason I know I get visitors is because of the comments and/or when a fan introduces himself (nods to Dan and Brian). Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE that anyone at all reads my blog and I absolutely appreciate and value any and all comments (except spammers and malicious folk) and followers, but I’ve tried to focus on writing because I WANT to, not because I hope to get followers. I supposed I could inject more porn, pop culture or political commentary to drum up followers, but none of those are my niche and there are so many people who do it better. The closest thing I get to porn, and perhaps my greatest achievement and most popular posts (although it has dwindled off) is/are Undie Mondays. I felt somebody should start putting the spotlight on all you non-famous and non- model men who are equally sexy and handsome (at least to me), so I did feel I was (am) contributing something different new to the “sexy men” category of pics on the web. But I digress.
I decided to take a peek at some of the statistics on my blog just to see who’s reading and, honestly, I’m not sure I understand what some of it means, but here are some stats I cobbled together about my blog and life since blogging:
- I started blogging on September 5, 2006
- As of September 5, 2011, I will have been blogging for 5 years.
- I have been blogging for 1,570 days
- This is my 2,276th post
- I have averaged about 1.5 posts a day
- I have lived in 4 different places since I started blogging.
- 26 people have signed my guest book
- 84 people follow my blog
- I have had 50,465 page views as of this post.
- My stat counter currently reads 327,304 (is this number of hits? Reloads? What?)
- United States [75%]
- Canada [5%]
- United Kingdom [4%]
- Germany [3%]
- Ireland [2%]
- South Africa [2%]
- Italy [2%]
- France [2%]
- Netherlands [1%]
- Malta [1%]
- Spain [1%]
- Egypt [1%]
- Chile [1%]
On a personal note:
- I have met two people who have recognized me because of Idle Eyes
- I have (knowingly) met 24 bloggers in person.
- I’m still in good standing with 22 of those bloggers (I think)
- I have knowingly lost 4 followers/ friends I made through blogging because of irreconcilable differences.
- I have stopped following 5 bloggers because of irreconcilable differences.
- I read over a hundred other blogs in Google Reader
- I still love meeting other bloggers I follow (and fans who comment) and I would actually like to meet each and everyone of them.
It sure is interesting to know all of this stuff but it’s not WHY I write a blog. I will write so long as I feel the urge to share my thoughts and my days until the day I don’t, even if everyone stops reading. But I hope you don’t, ’cause I kinda really like having you all along for the ride.