>Goin' with the flow

I went to the urologist today. You’d think any activity that requires me to get naked from the waist down, sit back in a chair with my legs in stirrups and wait for an older man to come in, crank the chair up so my crotch is level with his face, and tell me to “try to relax” while he manhandles my junk, would be an activity I would thoroughly enjoy.

My throne

My view

Me waiting for the doctor.

But it’s not. It’s uncomfortable and awkward and I don’t like doing it BUT it’s better than having strictures grow undetected on my urethra and totally block my ability to pass urine because, let me tell you folks, THAT hurts like asumminabitch.

So I’ll endure the minor discomfort on a regular basis to avoid the major pain and risk of surgery.

And here I thought I had nothing to blog about.

This entry was posted in Health. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to >Goin' with the flow

1. Ur-spo says:

>I am sorry I am late (as always) to the comments.I hope this went well.

2. Breenlantern says:

>My iPhone, with camera, goes where I go šŸ™‚

3. Ron says:

>Wow. You actually took your digital camera into the doctor's office with you? And here I thought I was the only person who did that. Now I don't feel so weird. Who took the picture of you? A self-timer? Good pictures. I felt like I was right there!

4. Kyle says:

>Well it is understandable you are uncomfortable Sean. Medical situations are sexy in fantasy, but rarely does real life live up to those kinds fantasies. I'm just glad you got through it without more discomfort.

5. Breenlantern says:

>Greg: Your partner is 100% correct…and I have to do it every 3 months šŸ˜¦

6. Greg says:

>My partner went through that once. He still cringes whenever he is forced to mention it. Said it was not a pleasant experience.

>Makes me wince just to think about it – your complaint, I mean, NOT your position. Hope it can very quickly be rectified and put well and truly into the past 'cos it doesn't sound much like a barrel of laughs.

>Can I just add: eeeeew. But I'm glad you have an alternative to surgery. Stay well (and unblocked)!

9. Jim says:

>You are looking so cute there!

10. >Poor guy. Sounds horrible. Hang in there.

11. Greg Ohio says:

>I'll be happy to get a set of good surgical sounds to keep you open. Just say the word!

12. Breenlantern says:

>Thanks D@vid. I'm flattered. Hope you stick around.

13. D@vid says:

>I'm loving your blog…. and I just made the connection that you're breenlantern… and you've commented on mine before. Nice to finally visit šŸ™‚

14. Cubby says:

>How much is he charging? I can probably do it for less. Or at least have a good go at it.

15. RG says:

>Aaaaaah – I remember THAT chair. That's the chair I sat in when my urologist went up through my urethra to go get some nasty kidney stones. They gave me good drugs though.