>I AM Gay And This Is Where I Stay

I mentioned, in an earlier post, that “I Am Gay” Billboards started popping up all over the tri-city area. I have never been able to stop and snap a picture, but thanks to my friend and fellow blogger, Gavin at Why Oh Why?, who snapped a picture (which many of us have swiped for our own blogs*), I now have a picture of one of the boards. Each board features a different group of people and the boards are sponsored by In Our Own Voices, an LGBT organization serving the needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgendered People of Color, their Friends and Families.

It’s really cool to be driving around and spot one of these. Always makes me smile 🙂

*I actually first found the picture at Alan’s blog, but after I made this original post, Gavin saw it and informed me he took the original picture and sent it to another blogger (whom I don’t follow so didn’t know he was the original pic taker) and it has since made it to many other blogs. My apologies, Gavin.

This entry was posted in Gay Pride. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to >I AM Gay And This Is Where I Stay

1. Breenlantern says:

>Well said, Will…unfortunately.

2. Will says:

>Because, Alan, they've pegged their lives to a book filled with prejudices that are between two and three thousand or so years old and they believe it is their mandate to impose their beliefs on everyone else. No logical argument, no scientific research and discovery, no changes and developments in human society make any difference to them. They feel they're superior beings.

3. Alan says:

>I've seen on-line news reports that haters all over the USA are demanding that these sorts of billboards be removed. Why are they so threatened by pictures of a loving, happy family?

4. Breenlantern says:

>Gavin: Sincerely sorry. Unintentional mis-credit. I have corrected my original post to give you credit for the pic. Thanks for correcting me.

5. Y | O | Y says:

>Here's a link to the original post where he gives me credit:http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2011/01/billboard-of-day_07.html

6. Y | O | Y says:

>I took that picture. Seriously. I sent it in to Joe My God a week ago. He posted it and now everyone seems to be picking it up!