>Idle Yarn

>I’m learning to crochet.

A co-worker brought his daughter into work on Tuesday and she brought yarn and needles and gave me and another co-worker a crochet lesson. I’ve never done it before and I was fascinated. I’ve been working on it at work (on break, of course) for two days. I have not gotten far, but it’s slow going as I find a rhythm to the technique and learn to hold needle, yarn and project in a way that facilitates crocheting easily.

I’m not sure how far I’ll go with this. Will it be a pot holder? A scarf? A Trombone cozy? Or will I give up before it actually becomes anything? I don’t know yet, but for now, it’s a hoot and I’m loving it. Here’s what I’ve done so far:

This entry was posted in crochet. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to >Idle Yarn

1. Ray says:

>The willie warmer sounds like a good idea. I might give it a try this weekend.

2. cb says:

>i say trombone cozy!

3. RG says:

>I've tried learning to crochet, but all I end up with is a series of knots. I think I'll stick with needlepoint. LOL

4. Raven~ says:

>In no time at all you will be making rainbow Mohawk snowcaps for all your buds! I learned to crochet, knit, embroider and other kinds of handwork from my grandmother and my mom when I was a kid, stuck in convalescence for a spell. Did you know that cowboys used to knit? S'true!When I first tried to quit smoking, having those activities to keep the hands occupied was a godsend.Keep it up!

5. Alan says:

>To add to my earlier comment: If you make the penis warmer (http://hearthwench.tripod.com/cwwconst2.html), you could start your own "Penis Warmer Tour" similar to the Spo-Shirt tour. I want to be first on the mailing list 🙂

6. Jadielady says:

>yay! crocheting and knitting are so fun and relaxing. maybe this is the outlet you've been looking for!you should check out http://www.ravelry.com And yes Alan, there's tons of penis cozy (or willie warmer) patterns.ps multiple glasses of wine and word verification captchas don't go well together.

7. anne marie says:

>welcome to the dark side, said the knitter with an evil grin on her face!like any endeavour (riding a bicycle, cooking, [dare I say sex]), it takes practice practice practice to make it perfect. nine years later and I am still practicing! but I am so much better than when I first started.congratulations!

8. Alan says:

>I think you could turn it into a great penis warmer.