>Bill of (Holiday) Goods

This entry was posted in holiday. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to >Bill of (Holiday) Goods

1. Breenlantern says:

>AR: Maybe the problem is too many people expect a god to make things better and make no effort to change things for the better themselves. Miss you, too.

2. ArichNY says:

>As I heard the other night while watching the Muppet Christmas Carol with friends, "God bless us, everyone!" Miss you!

3. >Very well said. I think we remember the real meaning of the holidays, they can be special again.

4. Breenlantern says:

>RG: Christmas itself, yes. I couldn't agree more. I even struggle with Thanksgiving sometimes. But, again, I solely enjoy the time with friends. That's what it's about to me.AM: Me too! I'd have a little of all of them. I have never but a thing on BF and will do no gift shopping this year of any kind for anyone. I will be up to my nipples and spo-shirt in cosmos thursday. I'll put your name on one of them.aj67: No holiday music at all, and even then, I'll, only play non-religious stuff when I play it at all.US: That's sad but I understand why people get depressed during this time of year and I suppose the earlier on we push it, the earlier that depression will start. We will be celebrating the same way you are: us, a meal, a fireplace and our dog. Can't imagine a better holiday.WCS: Um, the xmas season HAS started now in the US. Uggh!

>Yes, Buy Nothing Day is one of my favorite times of year. :)You made me remember that I was thinking just the other day about that oldest of annual traditions: complaining about when the xmas season starts. Every year it's earlier, people always say. I've said it, my parents used to say it, and my grandparents used to say it. And I suspect people have always been saying it. At least as far back as I can remember. And beyond, if old movies are any indication.If my calculations are correct, the xmas season for the year 2015 should start right about now…

6. Ur-spo says:

>My patients with seasonal affective disorder and/or Christmas associated depression seem to start their slump into suicide/depression earlier each year too. This year we will have one of the lowest energy christmases; perhaps a good dish or two and a fire, good glass of bubbly, some candles. that's about it.It seems enough.

7. aj67star says:

>I could not agree with you more. We have over commercialized the holidays to the point where the season is lost and it is all about the gifts you either give or get.There is a radio station here in town that started playing holiday music the day after Halloween, 24×7. It was removed from my favorites in the car and will not be put back until December 26th.

8. anne marie says:

>dayum, I would like to sit at the table in the final picture…all those hunks…which one would I choose to eat (screw the turkey!)?I participate in "buy nothing day" on black friday.hoist a cosmo or two for me on thursday. and I am thankful that I know wonderful Y-O-U!

9. RG says:

>I despise Christmas, which is why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday – everybody can celebrate it because it knows no religion, race, etc., etc., etc., It's just good to be with the people you care about for one big meal, laughter and fun.